Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SQUIRRELS IN THE HOOD is in Your E-Hood!

If you love squirrels, cats and birds, you're in the right place! I discovered the joy of photographing squirrels in my L.A. neighborhood due to their close proximity. And I learned a lot about squirrelly behavior!

Squirrels in the Hood was originally written by hand in a notebook but I finally found some time to transcribe it into Word. The photos I'd taken really helped to shape the story. So, here's the official blurb.

When Sunshine the cat departs in 2006, the second story balcony she occupied is very empty. Now that birds can be fed, the author does so, also attracting an array of hungry squirrels. Follow the adventures of Alpha, Doc, Cocoa Butter and other squirrel-friends as they dine in the Bird & Squirrel Café located in the Miracle Mile district of Los Angeles. Squirrels in the Hood includes 19 color photos taken by the author.

I've also included my first book trailer. Thanks to Alex Cavanaugh, the author of CassaStar, I was able to see how cool book trailers are. I wasn't aware that books even had trailers! I was inspired to try making my own.





17 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Yay! Congrats, lovely Lisa! I've got my copy and I can't wait to read it.

Old Kitty said...

I've got my copy too!!!! Yay!!! Love your trailer - so cute!!! Take care
x

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks so much Talli & O.K.! :)

Lydia Kang said...

That looks like such an adorable book! Nice trailer, too. :)

Lydia Kang said...

Just downloaded my copy. :)

Denise Covey said...

Hey sweet squirrely Lisa. This is so cute. Great to do the trailer. Was it a lot of work? Just about de rigeur these days isn't it?

RFWers (Francine Howarth and I) have just begun Indie Book Lair for self-pubbed authors to promote their e-pubbed books. You're most welcome to advertise here:

http://journalindiebooks.blogspot.com/

Denise

notesfromnadir said...

Lydia,
Thank you so much for your support.
Glad you liked the trailer! :)

Denise,
Thanks for watching! It took a bit of time but it's fun to do.

Will be checking out the link -- thanks for sharing!

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm looking forward to reading my copy this weekend. I can't wait!

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks for visiting, Squirrel Queen! Happy to see you here! :)

Arlee Bird said...

Interesting concept. This is proof that the ideas are everywhere out there just waiting for writers (and photographers) to find them. Nice job with the trailer too.

Thanks for the comments you've been leaving for me. It makes me come to your site to see if anything has been happening here.

Lee
Tossing It Out

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks for visiting, Arlee & glad you liked the video.

I've been observing & photographing squirrels for quite some time & I was finally able to write about them.

Nas said...

Enjoyed your trailer. Congrats on the release!

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks so much, Nas!

Misha Gerrick said...

Cute! I have a special place in my heart for those furry little creatures. :-)

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks, Misha! Always great to meet other squirrel fans! :)

Julie Musil said...

Wow, what a fun trailer and what a cool idea for a book! Congratulations :D

notesfromnadir said...

Thanks, Julie! It was fun to put together the trailer.

Search This Blog